Leg pain, cannot walk, taken MSM, pain when bending. What is this?

I woke up in the middle of the night with severe pain in my upper legs so much so I couldnt even walk. I was fimnaly able to with my husbands help. He gave me some MSM and it helped a little but Im still getting shooting pains in my legs and my head now if I bend down...sort of like an electric shock ...what might this be?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012

I have studied your case.
Due to compression of nerve root there can be pain in your leg.

I will advise you to do MRI spine
For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started.
Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

Another possibility of Muscle cramps can be reduced by
Massaging the cramped muscle with your hands or oil
Drinking plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration
Stretching your leg muscles or riding a stationary cycle.
Taking diet rich in calcium and potassium or oral supplements of the same
Check your vit B12 and Vit D 3 levels.

Till time, avoid lifting weights, You can consult physiotherapist for help.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.