Leg pain around calves. Passed out with high fever and cough. What is happening?

My 6 year old son woke up this morning complaining of leg pain on the top of his feet and calves but we sent him to school just thinking he over did it the day before swimming etc, but when he came home he was still complaining about leg pains and he passed out and when he woke up he had a fever of 103.2, I was just wondering what could be causing his leg pain and fever? He also has had a cough and congestion for about 3-4 weeks now but it remained without a fever until now.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
it can be viral
as the viral causes platelet count decrease and this count causes viral fever and calf pain and other pain
it might be allergic mixed as therewas cold and cough
use antipyretics for fever
anti allergic tab and antiallergic syp for cold and cough
use hyderotherapy
ie lot of water in any form after every 15 minutes from 2 tea spoo to maximum can be juices glucoe soups water ets
this will increase platelets to end the viral