Leg numbness, unable to walk, numb from ankle to foot, limping. Cure?

Last night my leg, from my knee down to my toes went numb, cuz there was weight on it for long period of time and I couldn t walk Like I just fell to the floor as if I didn t have a leg. About 9 hours has passed and it is a lot better. From my ankle to my foot is numb at the moment and I am able to walk buy not normally I walk with a limp. Why can I do to speed upthe unnumbing process because I will need to be able to walk normally tomorrow for school.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Hello tiffanymgibson21 , greetings from 

I am Dr Sourav Chakraborty and i have gone through your case scenario in detail and i will be answering your queries. As per your history it implies due to the heavy weights on your legs (which leg you have not mentioned) When your feet go numb occasionally you may also feel 'tingly' as if ants are crawling in your legs and feet. The numbness is currently causing difficulty for you to stand or to walk. Numbness in your feet can be atrributed to poor circulation causing reversible nerve damage or due to pressure effects . My advice to you is to give your affected leg some adequate rest and it will come back to it's normal state. Also please refrain yourself in future from putting such heavy weights on your legs. There is no such obvious medication which will reverse this quickly , rest to your affected limb is strictly advocated , however that do not mean you have to be bed ridden , just carry out your regular household activities and do not stand stand or sit in a particular pattern that may aggravate the nerve damage and which can then be progressive for you . Some people do experience the symptoms like your's but they recover within a day , so please keep in mind if you think your condition is not improving please visit your primary physician , this is only a healthy discussion and it do not substitute a clinical evaluation . Hope i have been able to help you with your doubts and please do forgive me for grammatical errors , if any. Take care. 
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is apparent that the nerve got compressed from the pressure.
It has recovered partly - the distal most portion is the last to recover.
No need to do anything - except rest.
If it does not recover by tomorrow, you have to see a neurologist - you may need investigations

Wishing you speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck