Leg numbness, severe pain under knees after a fall. What could be the cause?

I fell a couple days ago about 4 feet up on a ladder. When I fell I landed straight on my right footall pressure on to my foot and then onto my butt I thought I broke something but my leg went numb and I was able to get up and continue. Few hours later the pain came back nut now I am in severe pain and its all under my knee . What could be wrong
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It is better if you see a doctor and get your x rays done. There is chances that you may have a hair line fracture at foot or a ligament stretching. I would also suggest you to apply ice and compression bandage. You should not walk too much.