Leg numb after receiving blow in thigh while playing. Hurts, limping. Can he continue playing?

My 18-yr-old son recieved a blow to his thigh playing hockey on Saturday and immediately his leg went numb - it feels dead, he said. There isn t any bruising and he is able to walk on it but it hurts and he is limping. The numbness seems to be abating although it still comes and goes. It is especially painful when he first gets up from a sitting position. Is this serious? Can he go to hockey proactice tonight?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013