Leg injury while doing splits, severe pain on stretching, not a pulled muscle. Treatment?

I did the splits about two months ago. I was almost all the way down , therefore I forced myself down all the way. i heard something on my leg. It really hurt. And since then I can t do the splits of stretch anymore because of the pain in my leg. When I am not stretching I cannot feel anything. Only when I am stretching. So basically I m almost sure it is not a muscle pull. Do you know what it is? And if it will ever heal?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013