Leg injury, painful, knee weakness, suggested crutches. What are my options?

I jumped off a motorcycle that the kickstand failed, about 4 weeks ago. I landed badly on my left leg and then fell on it as well. I had exrays that showed nothing broken and was told that my leg was just badly bruised. They suggested crutches until the pain went away. I could not understand why when I put weight on it, it felt like it was about to snap with severe pain. However, I was not able to use crutches because I have fibrogmyalgia and the pain was worse in the arms, hands and shoulders than the pain in my leg! I just babied it along, not putting my full weight on the leg when I walked. The pain continued and I began to have weakness in the knee , causing me to feel like I might fall. I decided to see an othapedica doctor, who ordered an MRI . The doctor s office called next day to tell me I had a nondisplaced tibial fracture and they wanted me to stop walking on it! I have been walking on it for 4 weeks, and even started my 1/4 mile daily walk to try to strengthen the leg. . . now they say I need crutches and no weight on the leg at all! Since I know I an not a good candiate for crutches, what are my options? Also, what is the danger of walking on it now after all of this time?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  34 Awaiting Answer