Leg injury, no blood clot, no fracture, normal for bruise to be dark?

I hit my leg 2 weels ago on a metal pole trying to jump over it. It created a pretty decent size knot/bump, and a pretty wicked bruise . I expected all of that to happen. Now.. the brusing has gone down into my ankle ... it is getting pretty dark. I have been eleveating it and moist heat . I had a sonogram 6 days ago to be sure that it was not a blood clot and an x-ray to be sure that it wasn t fractured. The Dr. said it would take a month or so to get better. Is it normal for my ankle to still be so dark/bruised/blood???
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012