Leg injury, knee damage. External fixator, crutches used. Knee fusion suggested. Advises?

hi i broke my leg last june really badly by jumping over a wall,the injury was called shakter 6,excuse spelling,i had an external fixator for 8 weeks and the break has healed as best as they expected,but my knee was badly damaged and a total knee replacement is not possible,i last saw my orthapaedic surgeon who recommends knee fusion,i do have some bend of the knee but not enough to allow my foot to be flat on the ground to walk ,i walk with crutches at all times with the ball of my foot touching the ground,do i go for knee fusion or carry on making the most of what limited movement i have.any advice gladly received.thanks in advance Tony.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013