Leg injury due to fall, swollen knee. Hurts to touch. Broken bone or torn ligament?

I fell down into a vent opening in my Mother's home and injured my left leg. It's swollen on the outside of my knee almost on the backside or corner edge of my the area where a tendon runs along the back side of the outer part of my knee or leg. It hurts to touch it and it's swollen and has been since last Friday afternoon. I can still walk but if I hit it on anything it hurts or to slightly touch it it hurts. It isn't bruised but is sore and swollen. Have I chipped a little bone or torn a ligament?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013