Leg injury, bruised, painful, hurts to apply pressure, lump on leg. Will it heal normally?

About 3 months ago when playing soccer the left side of my right leg a few inches above the foot smashed off a hard wooden pole.. It was bruised and painful for about a week or two until it felt fine.. I've still got a lump the width of a tennis ball on my leg though, it only hurts if I put lots of pressure on it or something hits it.. There's no colour difference nor scar or anything else visible but you can see a huge lump, I'm not sure if I should do something about it or leave it to go down in it's own time?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
The huge lump that is persistent is likely to be due to the fibrosis and scar tissue at the site of hematoma formation. This swelling if it is painless is not worrisome. This will subside on its own in few weeks with regular hot fomentation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Venkat Banerjee's  Response
Hi, you probably had a Haematoma (bleed) over the shin of tibia, which is now organized into fibrous lump. Don't worry about it, that is how healing occurs. It will reduce with the passage of time, but may take a long time to disappear completely. So, my suggestion is that you ignore it completely and go back to your normal routine.