Leg injury, ankle pain, bumps under skin, tender to touch. Serious?

I tried to stop a car some individuals were pushing from hitting a curb with my leg...bad move. My inner ankle above the knobby bone just started aching about a month later and has a couple small bumps under the skin . It feels tough under the skin and tender to touch. How serious is this? Will it heal on its own? I should add the car was not moving fast but still a car and my upper inner ankle hurts exactly where it hit.
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to get X ray to check if there is any bony njury
Apply ice and Diclofenec ointment to ankle joint
Apply compression bandage and keep it elevated over pillow
Take Brufen tablet for pain relief.