Leg fracture. Swelling and stiffness in knee, leg and ankle. Applied a full leg cast. Is it normal?

Sir, I had a fracture in my leg beneath knee union (Tibia & fibula) as of Feb 5th, 2013. My doctor applied a full leg cast on my leg from toe to thigh and I remained immobilised till today (April 21st, 2013).
After my leg is off, I found swelling in my leg. The swelling is there in knee, leg and ankle (lesser). I have huge stiffness in knee and ankle. Please suggest me what shall I do know? Is it normal?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013