Leg cramps, rapid pulse, frequent urination, excessive thirst. Family history of diabetes. Treatment for diabetes?

My daughter is 30yrs. old. She is having problems concentrating, leg cramps , rapid heart beat, frequent urination , crunching ice and excessive thirst. I checked her blood sugar and it was 116mg/dl. She is under a great deal of stress being a single mother after less than six months divorced. She dehydrated last Thursday and had to be hydrated IV at University ER. Family history was given with diabetes being my #1 concern. My mother died at 56 due to diabetes complications, she was also a hemo- dialysis patient. My youngest brother lost his son to diabetes about four years ago; his son was 30yrs. old. My oldest sister has been on insulin since her early 30 s with two more sisters also diabetic. One on insulin and the youngest taking oral medication. I didn t mention that she is having frequent Urinary tract infections . Need your expertise. Grateful, XXXXX
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012