Leg cramps. Done blood tests. Echo test shows increase in cortical echogenicity in kidney. Reason?

hello doctor my mother is 55 years old and she had a cramp in her leg and went to the doctor and regarding on that dr has asked her to take tyroid, glucose fasting and cereatine level in the kidney ,the report showed 1.6 cereatine level in the kidney and again dr has advised to take her echo test of the kidney and the report showed both kidneys show mild increase in cortical echogenicity..could you tell what would be the reason for this?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012