Leg broken 40 years ago, could not set straight. Possible to straighten leg now without contacting osteomyelitis?

My leg was broken 40+ years ago and was not set straight. A plate and 7 screws were fixed on the tibia and were there for about a year before the plate snapped and had to be removed. I developed osteomyelitis and it took 11 years before I was free of the osteo. I am not a heavy person, 5 6 and weigh 130, but with the pressure on it, my leg now bows at 17 degrees and is affecting my hip, knee and ankle. I would like to straighten my leg, but am afraid of contacting osteo again. What do you suggest? Ann at YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012