Leg and arm cramps. Have liver disease, diabetes. Any suggestions?

my husband who is 56 yrs young is suffering most nights with leg cramps and arm cramps they are so bad that sometimes he cant even walk. He legs are also purple. He is in end stage liver disease and is a diabetic. But his sugars have been good. They only happen at night. We have tried everything from magsisum, tonic water, posseuim more calium ( dont know the spelling of the vitamins ) exercise and so on. He just suffers so bad from these cramps. Any suggestion
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013