Leg ache below knee, throbbing sensation. Taken motrin. Related to avapro?

As soon as I go to bed my legs ache mostly below the knee. This has gone on for several years and I am currently a 49 year old male. I have never had an injury to this area and I do not get leg cramps at night or when exercising. It is a throbbing sensation. I was wondering if this could be related to Avapro which controls my BP well and I have taken since 42 years old. This issue often interferes with my sleep and when I get up and walk and take Motrin I am able to fall back to sleep eventually
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Hello.
The throbbing pain in the calves is not likely to be related to Avapro that you are taking for years. This can be related top myositis, myopathy, peripheral neuropathy or deep vein thrombosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
drtayal72@gmail.com