Leg Pain

Hi I develop pain on both my legs, especially in the early morning. A bit of an oil massage gets things in place. Can you help get rid of this
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
Thank you so much, could you also suggest on where to get this done, iam based in Hyderabad.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vidya Muralidhar's  Response
Welcome to HealhcareMagic forum.

can I know your age and sex, occupation and other significant details about the type of pain .?
  Anonymous's Response
Age 37 years
Working with HSBC
Pain in both the legs, expecially the muscles
General & Family Physician Dr. Akshith's  Response
ok it would be better if you got a doppler done for the lower limbs to rule out vascular cause.
Depending on the result the management can be done.
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!!
Hi renny, Are you a smoker? it could be due to blockage of circulation in the legs. It is termed Thromboangiitis Obliterans (TAO). It could be what is called claudication pain does the pain improve with walking for a distance or does it get worse? Since your job requires you to sit for long durations.
It is better you consult a doctor and get a doppler of the legs done to check for the circulation since you say it is relieved by a massage.
take care.
  Anonymous's Response
Hi Doc, Yes i was a smoker and have quit now. And yes, when i walk the pain actually reduces. I go for a walk every morning and hence can clearly make the difference. While at office i do sit for prolonged hours. What do you think i should be doing so as to get rid of this ailment.
I have two problem I have blue knots in my leg they hurt and sting real bad.The other when I get up in the morning and stand bottom of my leg hurt so bad I can"t hardly stand up but when walk for about ten minute the stiffness and pain goes away