Left tonsil pain. What is the blister there? Have sinusitis. Makes a difference?

Ok, I ll give this a try. The other day I noticed a very sharp pain in the area of my left tonsil or further back. Even drinking irritated it, almost like it was cut. I put my finger back there to see if there was something stuck in the flesh. I felt something pop like a blister . Then, I tasted/smelled something very foul. It almost made me throw up. Since then the pain has come and gone but generally the area hurts when swallowing . It has been about 4 days. I have smoked for 35 years and have sinusitis and post nasal drip . Is this pain near the tonsil anything to worry about? I looked at the area and there seems to be a white tipped node behind a flap of skin (tonsil?) on that side, but it is very hard to see in your own mouth. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012