Left the tampon for more than a day. Why do I have abdominal cramping?

I absentmindly left a tampon in over 24hrs. I was on the last day of my cycle and thought I removed it when I switched to a pantomimes but noticed it this afternoon still there. There was barely any blood on it, but after removal I noticed slight, almost undetectable abdominal cramping. Is there a need to go to the E.R.?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Hello ma'am and welcome.

The use of tampons requires an individual to be more alert while inserting and removing it. Leaving a tampon in place for a longer period of time can result in infections.

I am guessing you could also have the potential for an infection, which is why I would recommend you to visit your doctor for a urine analysis.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.