Left testicle pain, pain persists after urinating, swelling. Medical attention required?

So today I had to go to the bathroom real bad and I held it untill i got home. Well after I stood up after getting out of the car my left testicle kind of hurt. Well after I finished peeing I still felt the pain so I felt it and the chord or vein that goes from the left testicle up and a strange swelling right about the testicle and under the vein or chord and the chord is really thick now aswell what could this be? Should I go to the doctors to get it checked out?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012