Left temple headache, pain behind left eye, unable to sleep, throbbing, stabbing pain, nausea at night. Causes?

I have a left temple headache and pain behind my left eye which started over a week ago its not so bad when I am sitting or standing but much more painful when I lie down I have not been able to sleep for a few nights and it is getting a more severe pain with time. I would describe the pain as a throbbing pain similar to when I get a migraine but this can instantly change to a more intense stabbing pain much worse when I lay flat and I also feel nauseous at night too.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012