Left sore spot on the calf muscle healed, a floating lump seen now. What it may be ?

Hi I work as a Pedicab driver (bicycle taxi) a couple of weeks ago a fellow pedicabber accidentally struck the back of my calf with his bike, running up the back of my leg. This left a sore spot that felt bruised but didn t really leave behind a discolored area. Now that it has healed, it has left a floating lump about the size of the tip of my finger . It doesn t hurt unless prodded, any idea on what it may be?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
The painless lump in the area of injury is likely to be due to the fibrosis in the area commonly seen after the injury. This fibrous tissue remains asymptomatic and does not need any treatment. It will resolve on its own in few months.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal