Left ovary removed, irregular periods, no periods this month, not pregnant. Normal symptoms?

I had my left ovary removed in March 2012 and have since had irregular periods. I am 40 years old and typically one month, it would be fine, starting at the 4 week mark and then the next month, it would be 5+ weeks before I would get it. It would just contunue to alternate like that month to month. This time, I am going on 7 weeks without having my cycle. I am not pregnant and just wondering if this is a normal thing after an ovary removal, or if it is something that I should consult my OB/GYN about. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012