Left leg hurts from ankle to below knee cap, reddish blotches on the painful areas. Any home treatment ?

hello, i got hit by a car today will on my bike, the car hit me on my left side. my left leg really hurts from ankle to 2 inches below my knee cap, the skin has reddish blotches on the painful areas, i can stand, but once i start making long strides when walking, it hurts alot more. do i just have a deep bruised area or muscle? or is it something more serious? and what is the best treatment at home?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013