Left leg heaviness, sensation of left knee, calf becoming numb. Stopped taking pills. Normal during periods?

Is it normal to experience the feeling that my left knee and calf are about to go numb while on my period? I am 34, just Got off the pill three weeks ago, and am having the first period that I have had in 5 years. I am not cramping too badly , and things seem to be normal, but my left leg feels heavy and like it is about to get pin and needles . This is the 4th day of this. No other symptoms and no leg pain.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Nephrologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query

There have been reports of musculo skeletal pains during periods but the knee and leg going numb is unrelated to it.
Please approach a vascular surgeon for further investigation into the current issue

I hope I have answered your query