Left leg gets swollen, lasts for 3-4 days and subsides. Reasons ?

Hi Dr. Arun, My left leg (below the knee till my ankle) often gets swollen. there is a depression that forms when I press that area. The swelling lasts for 3-4 days and then subsides. The frequency is once in couple of weeks. This has been going on for 3-4months. There is a bit of discomfort while walking as well. What could be the reason? Regards, AAAAA
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response
this is gravitational oedema it is inflamation of knee joints if you over weight you should decrease body weight.elevate you lower limb to release oedema and make ice should go to vascular specialist