Left leg and groin pain, D Dimer result positive, advised blood thinners, repeat D Dimer negative. Anything to worry ?

I have a question.. I have been having left leg pain and groin pain, I can also tell my leg is alittle swollen because my jeans are a bit snug. I went to the ER and they ordered a D Dimer. The result came back positive at 242. They wanted to start me on blood thinners and have me return the next day to have an ultrasound of the legs. I denied treatment and went straight to another hospital with ultrasound present.. They repeated the D Dimer and ran the ultrasound. That D Dimer was negative at 220 and the ultrasound was negative. Why would I have a positive and negative d dimer in the same night. Do I have anything to worry about?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012