Left knee pain, occurred after running, slight pain on sitting. Treatment options?

24, started running recently and there has been a pain in my left knee ... this occured after 3-4 weeks of running. I have stopped and gone to using a cross trainer which has allowed me to continue exercise without the pain. It is on the right side of the knee itself (inside leg) and know and again has a little pain when sat but is only usually painful if i start to run again.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
go for ice application after running at painful area.which definitely relief your pain.due to running I think some weight is loaded on knee in certain position so that time if position is not good than there is a possibility of spasm and overuse syndrome.these ice application with the help of ice bag for 15 mi twice a day will help you to reduce your pain