Left hand burnt completely by touching iron box, advised to remove all burnt skin, some parts cured. What to do ?

I have two years old daughter who accidently touched hot iron-box and got her left hand burnt completely. When consulted with doctor, he prescribed some ointment, next week there was some other lady doctor and she refer us to City s main hospital for removing all burnt skin..the idea was refused by my wife, as she knew it ll give more trouble to small some parts are getting cured...only the the right center part (Near to middle finger ) it got some puss in it...I am worring to go back to the doctor again, as we didn t go by her suggestion of surgery for removing skin.... Any expert advice what to do in this situation...I can email the pics of the wound if you would like to see...AAAA
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Hi Amrik,
Welcome to HCM.
Infection is a complication of burns.
Oral and topical antibiotics would be needed for cure.
Apply T bact ointment twice daily for 5 days.
A small debridement of skin can be needed for effective treatment.
Do not hesitate to go back to your doctor as she can suggest correct treatment.

Hope this helps.