Left forearm bruised, punctured, painful, left thumb twitching. Taken Neosporin, band-aid. How to get relief?

Hi Doc, I was bitten in the L forearm by a large bird, and it left a huge bruise along with a puncture. It s healed fine (this was 2 weeks ago) for the most part although the puncture is giving me pain ( neosporin and a bandaid). My question is today I m noticing twitching in my left thumb--is it swelling pressing on a nerve this far out, or do I just need to wait and see for a few weeks? Freaks me out since I m a nurse...thanks! Lisa
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012