Left ear popped. Hearing static sounds, stinging in right ear. Solution?

My left ear has been hurting and 2 days ago during gym my ear popped. I don t know why or what happened but now I hear static sounds in my left ear and my right ear feels like somebody is piercing a needle through it and it stings. I don t have any allergies or any sign of a cold or flu . It has been bothering me in school. I cant really concentrate either so it would be so helpful if you can help me get rid of this issue.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

You seem to be suffering from an infection of the ear which can explain all your symptoms.

You need to see your ENT who will examine your ears and drum properly and may suggest audiometry to quantify and assess the hearing.

Meanwhile do not meddle with your ear and avoid buds or qtip

take care

Dr Sriram Nathan