Left caruncle slightly swollen, eye hurts, pimple like bump. What is wrong?

My left caruncle has been slightly swollen compared to my right for the last years. Though it never bothered me. Last night as i was washing make up off my eyes, my left eye hurt like something was stuck inside it. As i woke up this morning, the pain was gone. When i rubbed my eye, i noticed that there was a white pimple-like bump in my left caruncle. I placed some eye drops, tentatively touched my caruncle and the small white ball of something came off in my finger . Now my eye itches a bit. Should i worry? Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013