Left calf numbness, cramps on sitting, driving, pulsing sensation, protruding veins. Cause of worry?

Hi. My left calf has been getting numb and cramping every time I sit at my desk at work or driving in the car. Yesterday my left calf also started pulsing.... It seems my veins pop out more when this happens.... I can t get a doctor appt until Dec 31st. Could you tell me if this may be something serious that I shouldn t wait 3 weeks to get to a doctor??
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
The random numbness and the twitches that you are having are likely to be due to benign causes like vitamin B 12 deficiency or an electrolyte imbalance. You can start taking the supplements and see if there is any improvement till you see your physician.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal