Left arm pain, blotchy line from wrist to elbow, knot in elbow, no incidence of injury. What could be the cause?

Hi! I woke up today with left arm pain. It starts in my wrist up to the outside of my elbow . There is a red blotchy line from wrist to elbow. It is extremely sensitive to touch. At my elbow there is a knot. It is red and blotchy as well. From this knot on my elbow to almost my arm poor is the red blotchy line. I have not injured my arm recently. I have no idea what it is or how it is here. I know its never been there before. It is uncomfortable constantly, pain rate about a 5. If I touch it the pain is at a 9. What could this be? I also feel heat in my arm in the areas described. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012