Left arm numbness. Tests show low potassium levels. Was smoking weed till recently. Cause for numbness?

A few days ago, i was on my computer just relaxing when my left arm started going numb, then i found it alittle odd for breathing regularly, and shortly after my lefs and right arm was fully numb, i went to the hospital and they only told me my potassium levels are low, i ate quite a few banana s and today i felt a sharp jab where my heart is, and now on it dosetn hurt alot but there is discomfort. I have stopped smoking weed but i had been quite a heavey user till recently. Whats wrong with me?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013