Left ankle got hit by bike. Pain, swollen and bruised. How to get relief?

After shutting off my daughter s motorcycles stuck throttle, I noticed the outside of my left ankle had been injured. Not sure what part of the bike hit it. I think maybe the foot peg. My ankle was, and it still is swollen and bruised going down the top of my foot. I can still walk on it with little pain , but by the end of the day I am in a lot of pain. It hurts while elevated and even when sitting down. My ankle and foot feel cold and tingley.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012