Learning disability in mathematics, can understand problems, forgets easily, have to be retaught. Causes?

My learning disability is in math. For some reason, a teacher or professor can explain it to be and I will understand how to do it. Then I will complete a few problems and forget how to do and actually have to reteach myself how to do it from previous problems I ve already solved. Can you tell me what is happening in my brain and why this happens? Is there a way to fix or improve this matter?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012