Leaky valves, weak heart. Was smoking previously. Leaky valves caused by smoking?

Hello Doctor. Just found out I have 2 leaky valves and a weak heart . I practice karate 3 times a week. And I would hate to haev to stop. I do not know why I do have that condition, the only thing I can think of is that I used to be a very heavy smoker, I used an asthma spray at the time thinking that when I coughed it was asthma and drank a lot too. Soper and no cigarettes for 7 years now. Could my abuse cause the leaky valves?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013