Leaking mitral valve. Breathlessness, fatigue, irregular heartbeat, arm pain, hoarse. Should I check into hospital?

On Wednesday, a cardiologist informed me that I have a badly leaking mitral valve and will need some kind of surgery to either repair or replace it (depending on the severity). For the last two months, I ve been experiencing shortness of breath and fatigue (thus the appt. with the cardio.). Now, my heartbeat seems to be irregular, my left arm aches, and I ve become very hoarse. I m scheduled to have cardiac catherization on Monday morning; however, I m wondering if I should simply check in to a hospital.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012