Layers of white skin over knuckles due to push ups. How can I avoid this?

hi doctor, i started getting macules of white or depigmented skin over my knuckles first the right 4th and 5th knuckles then the left 5th and 3rd knuckles then the right 2nd. it developed and still is developing all within a month or 2. i used to do push ups on my knuckles and punch sandbags with bare fists all this friction made my knuckles dark in color and rough then after months of abuse to my knuckles when i stopped they turned white. the spots keep coming till now even though i stopped all the friction and i apply corticosteriods to them. so far they appear on knuckles only but i am afraid it will be generalized and spread all over my body. the macules r 1cm or smaller in diameter. please give me advice. thank u
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012