Layer of white tissue extending from the nose at the operation site. Had undergone surgery to remove lesion inside nostril. Help?

Good Morning 3 months ago, i underwent a surgery to remove a small lesion from inside my nostril (vestibule) which turned out to be SCC. the growth was luckily small (6x4x2mm) and the margins were 1mm clean (negative). I had a follow up visit after 6 weeks post-op, and everything is ok, and next week i have a second visit scheduled (it will be exactly 3 months). Thing is, that i was just peeking inside my nose , and I noticed that at the operation site, it s covered by a layer of white tissue (white skin?) that is extending from inside the nose... there is no pain and nothing special to feel, but i am paranoid (do you blame me after what i went through?) so i was just wondering is this a normal scaring for nasal mucosa? i just s can t wait 10 days until my apointment... thank you very much. Fouad.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012