Layer of sticky substance in cheeks, gums, causes bad breath. Using colgate plax. Cure?

I am XXXXX. From a past few months I am finding a layer of sticky substance on the inner parts of my cheeks (mouth) and gums, i often remove them with my finger . It causes bad breath. I take good care of my mouth, I brush 3 times a day, use listrine and colgate plax but still its of no use, the bad breath starts as soon as the effect of the above mouth freshener ends. Also my saliva has become sticky. Please help as I feel humiliated at times.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013