Lateral tibial plateau fracture, using knee immobilizer and non weight-bearing, obese, low D3 levels. Knee replacement?

I have obtained a lateral tibial plateau fracture . It is de.pressed 6mm. I have been using knee imm0bilizer and non weight-bearing . Icannt do yjis fur 12 weeks. I have RA and my other knees is an 8yo total, that is beginning to wear. What are my options? Could I just get a knee replacement and be done with it? I am obese and tall with good bone density , but a continually low D3 level. What are my options?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012