Lateral medullar infarct post a stroke, disphagia, on Ryles feeding tube. Want to take up immediate rehabilitation like occupational therapy, physiotherapy. Am I on the right track?

My father met with a stroke 3 weeks back , he is 63 yrs old and currenly weighs 55 Kgs,is diabetic, hyoertension and has history of heartproblems . Doctors have diagonised it as Lateral Medullar Infract , It has affected right side of the body leading to loss of balance , dysphagia , he will be discharged form the hospital within a day or two with Ryles tube feeding ,Hes has lost almost 10kgs due since he could not take food orally , Although at this moment he has started eating/ swallowing hings like banana , My question is , I am putting him thorugh immediate rehabailiation likel occupational thearpy, Physiotheary and speech therapy , hope this will help him, any recommedations from your side for his tratment would be most welcomed
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012