Late periods, taking adderall xr, pregnancy test negative. Pre menopausal?

I am on Adderall XR 20mg/day. For the first time ever (other than when I was pregnant with my son) I am late - two weeks late, in fact, for my period. Nothing has changed in my life other than starting this medicine last month. I am sexually active so I did a pregnancy test 6 days ago and it was negative. I am 42, so wondering if I could just be pre-menopausal? Can Adderall make your periods irregular? I don't know if I should wait this out another week or just make a doctor appointment right away.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013