Late periods, pregnancy test negative. Having swollen fingers. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi, I have an appoinment friday, but i am curious about something. I am 17 days late, but i have no symptoms of being pregnant that i know of and the test i took said negative. this morning i woke up with swollen fingers, so bad that i cant wear my wedding rings. Could this be connected to me possibly being pregnant? Is there any thing i can do to get the swelling to go down?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.

With respect to your question, I would like to opine the below :

1) History of missed period and you want to rule out pregnancy - Preg card test is available over the counter. ( Drop one few drops of urine into the place as per instructions ,if your are able to find two color lines ,then preg card is positive .If only one line persists after five minutes ,then negative)
However, preganancy is confirmed after complete OBG consultation .

2)Swollen hands of one day duration may not be significant for any illness --if persists ,kindly need to know if any pain while moving joints or try to recall any accidental injury .Review if persists further with severity.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Best regards,