Late period with clots and heavy bleeding. Had gallbladder removed. Why am I tired?

My period started after four months of none I am on day 11 still very heavy with large clots. Is this normal I feel very tired and wiped out. Using a super tampon and pad every hour or two at least. I am fifty years old. I had my gallbladder removed april 13. I am concerned about the clots and heavy flow for so long.. thanks..
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012
It seems that you are on verge of having menopause.
Due to hormonal imbalance initially you may get period late or early, less or more.
If bleeding is continued, then consult Gynaec and get examined, physically and ultra sound examination.
Ok and take care.