Late period, pinkish discharge, cramps, massive blood clot. Birth control pills taken. Had UTI. Pregnancy tests negative. Miscarriage?

Hi, I'm 19 and I think I had a miscarriage. Before I started taking contraceptive (Rigevidon) me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. I was almost 3 weeks late on my period, had all signs of pregnancy but tests kept coming up negative so I decided I was not pregnant it was just a late period. On top of it all I had UTI so I went to see my gyno for a check up . I also told her I might have been pregnant but as soon as I said test kept coming up negative she didn't even bother to give me a test , just told me to take antibiotics for three days and get off the birth control so my period would come and I did. Three days later , I started experiencing the worst cramps ever . I thought it was just bad period pain. Later that night the blood came out as a discharge , very light/pinkish. I thought I came on my period. The next day cramps got so bad that I couldn't even get out bed. It went on til I felt a massive piece weird blood clot coming out of me. It looked like a raw meat with blood in it. I got really scared , called my doctor and she said it was because of the birth control, even though it didnt look like a normal blood clot. After that all the pain stopped , but no heavy bleeding or whatsoever . I bled for three days but it was lighter then usual period. Now I am worried what if i had a miscarriage and some sort of tissue might be left inside cause I did not bleed enough. It's my fourth day and I'm still bleeding now and then (lightly). Is it worth getting ultrasound so soon or what should I do to make sure if it was a miscarriage all the tissues have passed through me.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013